Early Access Month 2 Update MAY 23 - PLAYERUNKNOWN
Before we delve into the patch notes for our second monthly patch, I first want to thank everyone for their amazing generosity at our Charity Invitational a few weeks ago. With the help of 128 fantastic streamers from Europe and North America and the amazing twitch community, we raised a total of
/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">$223,357.00 for Gamers Outreach! Thank you all once again for helping the kids in a truly tremendous fashion! GG WP
Next, another quick word about server performance. I have seen a lot of speculation about the cause of the lag some of you experience. One of the more popular theories is that we run our games on potato quality servers. I would like to put this theory to bed by telling you our servers run on the highest possible spec machines that AWS offer.
We are currently in the middle of profiling the servers to attempt to track down the cause of the lag, but as I have said before, this will take us time to complete, so I ask for your patience while we work to improve server performance for all players.
While next monthly update will be focused on improving server performance, the optimisation process won't stop there, and we will continue to improve performance of the servers all the way through Early Access.
Now onto what we have changed, fixed and added in this, our second monthly update!
We will first roll this patch out to the Test Server tomorrow, Wednesday. No ETA for when this will happen yet, so stay tuned to our Twitter for updates!
This patch will be deployed to the Stable Servers on Thursday, May 25, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.
Early Access - Month 2 - Patch Notes
- Localization of 'VSS' and 'Vector' for few country is not applied properly
- There is an issue that occasionally causes a white line to be shown when the player is on the airplane
- There is an issue with PhysX which causes the motorbike to move in non-natural fashion after hitting the terrain when upside down
- You will no longer be able to remove shadows by revising the .ini file
- Improved CPU usage for world level streaming
- Improved rendering performance of fences
- Improved rendering performance of grass
- Improved rendering performance for weapons and attachments seen at distance
- Improved rendering performance by modifying certain weapon and vehicle effects that were unnecessarily rendered at distance
- Improved character animation performance
- Improved effect performance
- Improved the performance of team-mate name plate, map and mini-map in teamplay
- Added VSS. A suppressed sniper rifle with permanent 4X scope & chambered for 9mm ammo. This new weapon can be found in carepackages & as a very rare loot spawn
- Added Motorbike
- Reduced the moving speed of the two final play zones for better engagement during the endgame
- Made a balance pass on certain weapons:
Reduced bullet damage slightly
Increased deviation gain per shot
Reduced pellet damage slightly
Increased bullet damage slightly
- Fixed an issue where the players alive count would reduce when a player disconnected. Now the count will only go down upon the players death.
Action & Gunplay
- Now players can put stock attachments on following weapons:
SKS : Sniper rifle cheek pad
Vector : Tactical stock (for M416)
- Adjusted the color of the aiming point for the basic crossbow scope.
- Added new scope rendering method (parallax free) allowing for greater aiming precision
— PLAY BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBG) May 22, 2017
- Improved ADS view
- Modified recoil for following weapons: AKM, SCAR, M16, M416
- Fixed an issue allowing a player to zoom in with right click when waiting before throwing a grenade
- Decreased the time to ADS when using the 2X scope
- Added punctured wheel effect and sound
- Added burnt markings to vehicles after being destroyed
- Added the motorbike number plate image
- When a vehicle explodes, the fences near the vehicle will now also be destroyed
- Added new vegetation to the lobby
- Players can press ‘delete’ to remove their marker placed on the world map
- Adjusted the transparency of mini-map grid and coordinates text to make the map more visible
- Added a dotted line towards the next play zone on the mini-map
- Modified the icon design of the First Aid Kit
- Added Thai language in language options
- Added new key bindings for hold breath, motorbike air control and switch to previous weapon
- Improved the sound of Motorbike
- Added sound for door destruction effect
- Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistantly. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%
- Fixed an issue that disabled bullet tracing for SKS
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to crash when a flashbang goes off
- Partially fixed bug that caused a character to get stuck in terrain, buildings or objects
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a vehicle to get stuck in buildings, fences or other vehicles
- Partially fixed a bug that caused items to be unlootable
- Fixed a bug that caused carepackages to shake when falling
- Fixed a bug that caused a throwable weapon to be thrown in the freelook direction and not the direction in which a character is facing
- Fixed an issue with two markers being visible when placing a marker in the airplane after placing it in the lobby
- Fixed a bug that caused a player icon to be doubled up on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug that caused the same color for two teammate icons
- Fixed a bug that caused the final play zone to be created over water
- Fixed a bug that sporadically muted the rain sound
- Significantly mitigated an issue that allowed a player in a closed house to be killed by the red zone bombs
- Fixed a bug that caused animation not to stop when using consumable items while reviving a teammate
- Fixed a bug that caused a character experience the damage effect at random
- Fixed a bug that caused all teammates to enter the REVIVE state when one teammate is hit by a bomb in Red Zone while being in a vehicle
- Fixed a bug that caused the REVIVE gauge not to disappear when the character being revived is disconnected
- Fixed a bug that caused the sound volume of UMP with silencer to be too low
- Fixed a bug that caused throwable items not to drop when switching to other weapons
- Fixed a bug that caused the trace effect to not disappear after using throwable weapons
- Fixed a bug where removing the pin from a grenade was canceled by changing the throwing posture.
- Fixed an issue with compass points not matching the actual direction when in the passenger seat of a vehicle
- Added a character animation for when dragging an item into the inventory